I wonder, as to why & literally WHY can’t I remember that word – 'THAT RIGHT WORD' at the right time in the right context.....:( ,,,,,yep that word suddenly and perplexingly go missing from brain only to reappear minutes or hours later .....
Is it Amnesia ; Cognitive Blockage, Neuropsychology or Memory Disorder;...:)... I have no Clue ... hic..hic.. ....All I know is ....... Trying to hold a conversation about a movie, I can remember everyone that hero or heroine dated, married and all the brands she /he endorses, their co-stars in previous movies & probably parents or children even before I recollect ...damn......“THE MOVIE TITLE” or “ACTORS”...:) :) :)

This natural tendency of mine to forget words & especially the “PROPER NOUNS” is highly frustrating. Yep.. I hate and I am fed up of these tip-of-the-tongue experiences :(
Recently I was in this situation in a Mumbai western suburb mall (HYPERCITY) where I happen to bump into my old colleague, whom I was just too overwhelmed to meet........ oohhh ........ hhhiiii ......heeyyyyy.....look who’s here.......etc... etc...And I can’t just remember ‘THE NAME’ – To add to that she could fluently recollect & call me by name....... And over that I had to introduce my hubby to her.............OMG............Awkward!!!
In my search to really gain insights into this vulnerability of proper names to memory retrieval, i happen to read,’ 7 reasons as to why you can’t remember names’ by bil clenna; took some neuro-marketing exercises on net; Brain training games; also, learnt some tricks to avoid further insult to injury from some of self-helping blogs....:)/// Also have started to take memory tonics, pills & walnuts....hahaha....Lol ...oh Really...seriously..:).
Realised it’s a self-limiting misconception. If u think u can, then u can or if you think you cannot, you r probably right...Lol.:)....No Kidding!!!
This difference between a stranger & a friend / a prospect & a client / ‘that guy’ to Amit, my college friend / ‘this place near that circle’ to Courtyard Marriot near Talwalkars circle.... is really Valuable !!! Trust Me and specially more when your profession is "HR"...hahaha:)
Very True .. I can’t continue to make excuses or apologise to people !!!
Hence writing to all of you & would appreciate sharing of u'r experiences if any along with remedies for my HELP...:) as I no longer intend to leave sentences trailing into oblivion.......
“Watch your Thoughts, for they become WORDS,
Watch your WORDS, for they become actions,
Watch your actions, for they become habits,
Watch your habits, for they become character,
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
however its quite a common phenomenon specially for people who have too many things on their mind(busy guys). we must learn to empty our hard disk frequently.... while doing that dont forget us....good writing, tc god bless!!
ReplyDeleteVery True !!! Maybe one of the excuse I could take :)For this glitch in my memory - and absolutely no chance that I forget impressive people like you...zLol :)
ReplyDeleteThnks & definetely appreciate!!!
Well Sahana I would second your blog as I am also a victim of that.. Its primarily because of loss of concentration.. and focus.
ReplyDeleteProbably we have forgotten what was tought in vipasna. The loss of short term memory is becoming a very common phenomena..
Slowly we are becoming small gazani in our lives...:)
Anyways Sahana gr8 to see u here and all the best.
Absolutely Rahul ! definetely we r all suffering from Short term memory loss :) As usual u sound funny ...hahaha:)
ReplyDeleteLooks like we all need to run around with small notes, diaries, chits, writing on body parts/Walls / furniture/ magazines to remember stuff -is n't it ?
Btw now I know how vipasana gets applicable in day-2-day life ...Lol
Well structured and refined I guess..Well the fact i think is that all of us so caught up in our daily mundane activities that we tend to over see simple things like names/locations and the other things mentioned here...see i cant remember them though I read it twice already...The point I am trying to make is we have to make an effort to remember them if we want to remember it...And yes it may be a case of short term memory loss but please don't expect me to remember the smallest of details that went un-noticed..
ReplyDeleteThnks Django - u'r feedback does always matter!
ReplyDeleteYour point made is well appreciated & accepted- just hope that I don't suffer from any deficient noun disease due to some restricted diet or prescribed medication...:)
Hence wanted to take an opinion about how does it work with others.......Lol:):):)
while reading d blog i could see myself playing lead role in d story... but i never take it as neuro disorder as portrayed.. i take pride in myself for being so carefree that i dont even remember name of the person, forget about remembering what good/bad he/she has done to me...so whenever u meet a person its a new begining...fresh start....a true follower of "living in the present" ideology :)
ReplyDeleteHey...I am the lead here!!!damn...U...:)what attitude !!!OMG....'Art of living'ideology again applied....Lol
ReplyDeleteHi!!!!!
ReplyDelete